10 Delicious Christmas and Holiday Desserts
Christmas is less than a week away! As if buying presents wasn't enough, you may need to prepare dishes for holiday gatherings with friends, family or co-workers. This can be a challenging time for those on specialized diets like the Paleo AIP. Most people knows what is means to be "gluten free" but you can't expect others to know the do's and don'ts of the AIP diet. Instead of cheating and indulging in non-compliant treats, why not make your own? Here are 10 delicious dessert recipes for your next Christmas or holiday party! While sugary sweets are permissible on the Paleo AIP diet, be aware that too much sugar can be inflammatory, so moderate your intake.
AIP Christmas and Holiday Desserts
- Apple Crisp by Real Food and Love. This crunchy treat has nary an oat in sight. The secret? Tigernuts.
- Apple Cinnamon Bars by Real World AIP. Also are included are 5 variations of the recipe including cranberry-orange and pumpkin-spice!
- Christmas Cookies by Healthy Fat and Fit. Use this recipe and get creative! Purchase a holiday-themed cookie cutter or decorate them with festive frosting designs.
- Cranberry Rosemary Pear Galette by Gutsy by Nature. Bring some class to your holiday celebration with this tempting take on a French dessert.
- Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce by Real Food and Love. While this is the only entry on the list isn't exactly a "dessert", no holiday dinner would be complete without some cranberry sauce. Give this new take on a classic a spin.
- No-bake Cookies by Adventures in Partaking. Not in the mood for baking? Whip these up in 5 minutes and throw them in the freezer for an hour. Uses carob instead of chocolate.
- Pumpkin Baked Tapioca by The Unskilled Cavewoman. Imagine having a bowl of this after waking up on Christmas morning.
- Purple Porridge by Pearl Lyshells Easy AIP. This visually stunning treat gets its color from purple yams.
- Sweet Potato Fudge by Adventures in Partaking. Enjoy the fudge with your family or package them up for a quick and easy gift.
- Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows by Real Food and Love. Sweet potatoes and marshmallows without corn syrup. Need we say more?
Notice: The websites listed in this article are all ShopAIP affiliates. If you are a blogger, food reviewer, nutritionist or social influencer in the paleo AIP community, you may apply to become an affiliate.